Senior Advisor, Walking & Cycling | Multiple Locations
Senior Advisor, Walking & Cycling
- Feel like you are making are a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders
- Bring your technical expertise to the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, as we gear up for delivery
- Flexible location, Christchurch preferred
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Senior Advisor, Walking & Cycling will support and positively influence the development of system design opportunities focusing on regional economic development.
This role supports the Principal Advisor in managing the life-cycle of the Walking and Cycling program and enables strategic decision making through focusing on partnership opportunities that facilitate National modal optimisation. In this role you will:
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key Stakeholders and assist in developing and driving effective partnership engagement
- Consult with internal stakeholders to elicit the right information, understand core business issues, and determine their needs, priorities and constraints.
- Provide input into guideline development
- Assist in collaborating with the team, SDD, and the wider organisation to bring unique people, skills and perspectives together.
- Support the leadership of the portfolio of work across the country looking holistically to create broader accessibility and integration with other modes of Transport.
- Proactively look for opportunities for cross collaboration both internally and with external partners.
- Use planning tools and take responsibility for accurate data and information management
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience advising local government on similar walking & cycling projects
- Experience working in in a fast-paced, project-base environment
- Ability to provide advice and support on accessibility
- Able to provide design advice which takes into account good accessibility for all users
- Experience working on complex projects involving multiple objectives and sources of information as well as diverse stakeholders
- Ability to source and manage key information and produce meaningful information
- Exceptional written and oral presentation, communication and advocacy skills
- Relevant qualifications in Transport Planning desirable
- Qualifications in Project Management or equivalent experience
Applications close | Rā Katinga Thursday 4th June 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Advisor, Walking and Cycling PD.pdf (PDF, 670KB)
Follow us on