Principal Advisor, Communications & Engagement | Bay of Plenty
Principal Advisor, Communications & Engagement
- Make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders
- An exciting time for Waka Kotahi, as we gear up for delivery
- Bay of Plenty based
About us | Ko wai mātou
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency partners with others to deliver safe, easy and connected journeys that help improve the lives of New Zealanders and help our businesses thrive. Our work at Waka Kotahi connects people and communities, keeps people safe and well, and supports New Zealand's prosperity. Our success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Engagement and Partnerships Group supports the success of Waka Kotahi by strengthening relationships with our central and local government partners, communities and industry. We do this by telling great stories about the work Waka Kotahi does. Our exciting and diverse work spans a range of partners and stakeholders - we support Ministers, coordinate collaboration across central government, lead constant dialogue with our local government partners, and engage directly with the New Zealand public.
The opportunity | Te whiwhinga mahi
This is an exciting time for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. As well as our existing work, we are gearing up to deliver an exciting new range of projects and programmes. This includes implementing visionary strategies to make our transport system safer, reforming our regulatory function and planning and delivering projects as part of the Government's NZ Upgrade Programme.
This is an opportunity to work on significant projects including the Tauranga Northern Link and the Te Puna to Ōmokoroa NZ Upgrade programme projects in the Bay of Plenty region. You'll offer advice and provide communications and engagement planning and delivery for these projects to ensure Waka Kotahi is well supported to achieve its goals.
As our Principal Advisor, your role will be to help connect people with Waka Kotahi and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. Dealing with external and internal parties across the business, you will have strong stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills. You will be innovative and creative, a self-starter and be able to manage ambiguity. Identifying opportunities and making improvements are important aspects you will be bring.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at principal level
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related discipline
- Training or qualification in IAP2 is desirable but not essential
Applications close: Sunday the 9th of August 2020
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below.
To apply, click on “Apply for this job” below
If you have any question, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on