Applications Engineer - Corporate | Multiple Locations
Applications Engineer - Corporate
- Contribute to the quality of technology operations and support
- Opportunity to use your effective collaboration skills as an Application Engineer/ Site Reliability Engineer
- Wellington or Palmerston North based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology Services Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our corporate and transport technologies deliver to business and customer outcomes. The Group is accountable for all cyber and physical security issues, ensuring that the Transport Agency meets its ongoing security and compliance obligations.
We are looking for people who want to help drive this change and are comfortable stepping up to influence the design and development of a new way of working.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As Applications Engineer, you will implement, configure, monitor and support technology applications in line with specifications to meet business requirements.
Contributing to the success of the technology value chain, you will collaborate with Product and Operations teams to deliver technology product roadmaps. You will be responsible for the day to day management and monitoring of technology applications, including incident response, and developing operational procedures. We are looking for an approachable collaborator who is accurate and tenacious.
About you | Ko koe tēnei:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven application-specific experience in a complex technology operational environment with significant expertise in sustainable technology operations.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of multiple modern operations methodologies.
- Solid understanding and experience of technology methodology and frameworks.
- Good knowledge and experience in proactive technology risk management.
- Tertiary level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience
Below are some of the hands-on Technical skills that we are looking for:
- Windows Skills - Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- CMD and PowerShell scripting
- Installations and Upgrades/Patching
- Windows and general Troubleshooting Skills: Event logs, Application and Apache Logs
- Ms Azure Skills, hands on experience
- Ms Internet Information Server (IIS), Application Pools
- .NET Applications Installations and Upgrades/Patching
- Apache Tomcat on Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- Apache Web Server on Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- Java JDK, JRE Installations and Upgrades/Patching on Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- MS Application Insights
- Azure SQL Family
- Windows Skills - Ms SQL Server 2008 - 2019
- Backup, Restore
- PowerShell as it relates to Ms SQL
- Geometry objects desirable
- Database Migrations
- Installations & Upgrades/Patching
If you have the interest, passion to succeed in this role, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday, 16 August 2020.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Applications Engineer - PD.pdf (PDF, 676KB)
Follow us on