Manager Compliance, Upper North Island | Auckland
Manager Compliance, Upper North Island
- Deliver strong leadership and regulatory services through motivating and influencing the New Zealand commercial transport sector
- Belong to an organisation that makes a difference to New Zealanders every day
- Location : Auckland
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
To view our regulatory strategy : please visit Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm
The Safer Commercial Transport team is responsible for regulating commercial transport operators: from heavy vehicles to small passenger services. We do this by monitoring our sector through audits, reviews and investigations and working with industry to drive best practice.
The team regulates transport operators that have been licensed to operate as a transport service.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to deliver strong leadership and regulatory services through motivating and influencing the New Zealand commercial transport sector to deliver the highest levels of safety and compliance, protecting New Zealanders from transport related harm.
This is a key leadership position for us in the Upper North Island and you will have three key accountabilities;
- You will be responsible for delivering great outcomes such as bringing about safer commercial transport through high quality regulation and leadership and delivering a systems focussed approach to compliance
- Developing key performance metrics, measurement and reporting
- Ensuring national processes with your operational peers
- Developing your team and building the capability, attitude and culture needed to take us into the future
- Working collaboratively at a national level to deliver national programmes of work
- Leadership - you will be a key member of the leadership team, growing the capability of the Upper North Island team and ensuring they are engaged and well connected to the National group
- Stakeholder engagement and management - achieving exceptional stakeholder relationships, securing highly connected partnerships with key stakeholders and ensuring high levels of industry commitment to safety and compliance.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A track record of leadership encompassing your ability to navigate, innovate, coach, connect across the organisation and deliver.
- Proven experience in a systems auditing and interventions role within a large complex organisation
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of the regulatory and compliance requirements of the New Zealand transport system
- Experience in influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders to achieve regulatory, safety interventions and compliance outcomes.
- Experience with managing financial delegations and meeting budget requirements
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience in a regulatory environment
- New Zealand Certificate in Regulatory Compliance (Core Knowledge) or equivalent desirable
This is a great opportunity to belong to an organisation that makes a difference to New Zealanders every day. The environment is innovative, forward thinking and will allow you to develop and grow your career further.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Wednesday, 28 October 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager Compliance SCT REG PD Sept 2020.pdf (PDF, 959KB)
Follow us on