Senior Project Manager - Complex | Wellington
Senior Project Manager - Complex
- Broaden your project knowledge and understanding
- Get wider input to a range of projects
- Location: Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The purpose of this role is to take projects through the various stages of planning, procurement and implementation, ensuring the forward work plan for all assigned projects contributes to the Transport Agency's business plan of delivering great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
We are looking for a highly collaborative, proactive and customer focused project manager to represent the Transport Agency throughout the projects you are working on. You will be exposed to both large and small projects.
You will be a self-starter, who shows initiative, and can work independently as well as collaboratively.
Grow your project management experience in an environment which is committed to your development. In this role you will get greater exposure across projects in a wider context as part of a collegial, supportive team of project managers.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in managing contracts within the civil engineering industry and a sound understanding of NZS3910.
- Experience in analysing complex engineering problems and solutions.
- Broad experience in road construction and a knowledge of planning processes.
- High energy and passion for delivering quality outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply sound project management principles.
- Understands and can apply risk management processes.
- Broad experience of road construction and knowledge of planning processes.
- You will ideally have an engineering qualification or project management qualification and experience in the road sector.
- This is an intermediate level role.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
26th February 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Project Manager (Complex) TS Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 696KB)
Follow us on