Speed Management Programme Lead | Multiple Locations
Speed Management Programme Lead
- Make a difference to the lives of all New Zealanders
- Leadership position
- Flexible location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership in the delivery of the Speed Management Programme as part of the Safe Network Programme. This Programme is a partnership with local government and the Agency's road safety partners being led by the NZ Transport Agency.
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong leader who can mentor and provide guidance to project teams in the delivery of specific projects to ensure the programme supports and aligns with the Governments commitments to achieve a transport system free from death and serious injury.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Track record in Programme Management and/or management of multi-disciplined teams
- Sound knowledge of the Safe System approach
- Experience in stakeholder management and personal relationship building with key stakeholders
- Experience in managing complex issues/risks which span across and influence different parts of an organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – translating complex topics and issues at the correct level to influence the audience at the time
- A reputation for collaborative working relationships and achievement through partnerships
- Experience in leading the application of an innovative, customer centred way of thinking
- Solution focused with a strong drive for results
- Tertiary qualification is preferable in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- A full drivers licence is required for the role
Applications close | Rā Katinga Monday 24th February
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Speed Programme Management Lead TS 1446214 JD Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 826KB)
Follow us on