Senior Network Manager | Wellington
Senior Network Manager
- Lead the stewardship of the highway network
- Be part of building a future focused transport system
- Wellington Location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As a key member of the Network Management team, working closely with Maintenance Contract Managers, you will be responsible for the delivery of our regional maintenance and operations programme for predominantly the Wellington areas, but may extend to other regions, as required. You will need to draw on your strong technical knowledge and experience, be responsive to our customers' needs whilst also taking a practical and pragmatic approach to manage suppliers. Sound organisational, asset management and negotiation skills accompanied with good decision making will be integral to your success.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid understanding of agency activities and systems
- Asset management expertise focussed on wide range of roading asset life cycle management
- Proven technical asset and maintenance management and pavement knowledge
- Experience in working across central and local government
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
- Strong time management, budget management and commercial acumen
- Proven programme and project management, and negotiation skills
- A relevant tertiary education - Bachelor of Engineering or similar technical qualification
- Experience in transport sector
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team delivering great outcomes for our Wellington highway customers, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 23rd February
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on