Principal Advisor | Wellington
- Help us radically improve the safety performance across the land transport system
- Support and deliver culture change initiatives
- Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Safety, Health and Environment group ensures that Workplace Health and Safety becomes a cornerstone of our culture and performance at both a leadership and a sector level. The Group also leads the development of system solutions and interventions that consistently deliver positive improvements in land transport safety and environmental performance.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this Principal Advisor position is to provide robust strategic, tactical and technical analysis and advice in the road transport safety space. The role will focus on tactical Safe System implementation, particularly the implementation of the Tackling Unsafe Speeds package and development of the Speed Management Guide, MegaMaps and Setting of Speed Limits Rule.
In this role, you will apply your advanced influencing, networking interpersonal skills as you provide practical guidance to road controlling authorities such as Councils for effective and efficient implementation of road safety initiatives. You will also support and deliver culture change initiatives and system and process improvements to create a safe transport system free of death and serious injury.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience providing tactical advice in highly ambiguous and complex environments
- Can articulate future positioning strategies and identify potential implications accurately
- High degree of political savvy, able to maneuver through complex political situations effectively and sensitively
- Experience leading complex strategic projects involving multiple objectives and diverse stakeholders in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Experience achieving and delivering through others, internally and externally
- Highly effective written and oral presentation and communication and advocacy skills
- An understanding of effective and road safety strategies and policies
- An understanding of the New Zealand transport system and strategic interventions to reduce harm is preferred
If you are passionate about road safety and want to be an integral part of reducing the rate of road trauma in New Zealand through thought leadership and change management, then you might be the person we're looking for.
Applications close | Rā Katinga Monday 24 February 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD Principal Advisor SHE Feb 2020.pdf (PDF, 868KB)
Follow us on