Senior Investment Advisor | Multiple Locations
Senior Investment Advisor
- Showcase your business case development and policy skills
- Advise and influence a range of projects
- Waikato or Bay of Plenty location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This is a great opportunity to own and support the transport investment assurance process, and to lead and drive good business practices. You will provide advice and support to influence transport investment and ensure the achievement of desired multi- modal transport outcomes for New Zealand.
The Senior Investment Advisor role sits within our Transport Services team and works closely with our external partners to work through the business case process, providing advice and then presenting the funding papers to senior decision makers at the Agency.
An important part of this role will be to provide clear and consistent advice at various stages of the project approval process. Your exceptional communication skills will be the key to your success, as you provide assurance that investments are value for money and meeting the Agency's strategic objectives.
We are looking for a confident self-starter who enjoys networking with stakeholders and thrives on working collaboratively to achieve successful outcomes.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid experience in developing business cases
- Proven experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders
- A strong understanding of Government policy and legislation, ideally in a transport sector
- Knowledge of local authority planning for transportation and investment decision making processes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills
- Ability to bring together multiple perspectives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Applications close | Rā Katinga
1st March 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Investment Advisor - TS - PD - Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 688KB)
Follow us on