- Bring your risk assessment experience in a government or corporate environment
- Opportunity to use your decision making and strong communication skills
- Salary : $50,000 - $55,600
About us | Ko wai mātou
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for the Transport Agency and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance – it is the essence of why we do what we do.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to support regulatory expectations by assessing customer applications/enquiries in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed standards.
The Vehicle & Driver Licensing group consists of the Exemption & Registers Integrity, Safer Commercial Endorsements, Medical Reviews, Provider Licensing and Compliance Driver and Testing and Training teams. You will be placed in either of these teams and have the opportunity to learn and develop in other areas, when required.
You are expected to deal with complex customer inquiries and make risk assessments and operate with a higher level of decision making.
You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and applicants to deliver regulatory expectations. You will use your excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail to ensure correct and up to date management of our systems.
If you enjoy a varied and fast-paced role, where there's scope to learn, this could be the right role for you.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience in assessing risk in a regulatory work environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking against legislation and policy, to decision making
- Ability to identify, promote and/or implement areas for improvement to current processes and procedures and/or customer needs
- Resilience to a changing work environment
- Flexible to change and adaptable to workflows in a fluctuating work environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability in building and maintaining of relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Case Officer VDL REG PD October 2019.pdf (PDF, 652KB)
Follow us on