Maintenance Contract Manager | Taranaki
Maintenance Contract Manager
- Manage high value contracts ensuring a smooth delivery and completion of related tasks
- Autonomy and freedom to stamp your flavour on this role
- Location: Based in Taranaki
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to work with the highways maintenance and operations service delivery contractor to achieve the specified customer and technical levels of service. The Maintenance Contract Manager works alongside the Network Managers, and other groups such as the Journey Manager and Safety Engineer, to achieve the expected network performance outcomes.
You will manage high value contracts ensuring the smooth delivery and completion of related tasks, play an important part in procurement, and will manage key external and internal key relationships.
You will be commercially savvy and have excellent influencing and negotiating skills to come up with optimal outcomes in a collaborative manner.
This is an opportunity to work with a great team and have the autonomy and freedom to stamp your flavour on this role.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proponent of relationship contracting and expert dispute resolution capability.
- Commercially astute: able to negotiate contract works and negotiate on the basis of good estimating support.
- Strong planning skills and ability to interrogate the contractor's systems and take action Interpret performance data and know how to incentivise improved performance.
- Generalist civil design capability and asset management skills.
- Ability to improve systems through “lean” or six sigma processes.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the contracting market and working with NZS3910.
If you have the interest and passion and think you can perform in this exciting role, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Maintenance Contract Manager Taranaki PD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 545KB)
Follow us on