Senior Policy Advisor and Principal Policy Advisor Roles | Wellington
Senior Policy Advisor and Principal Policy Advisor Roles
- Challenging policy development roles within the wider government policy environment
- Leading the delivery of a wide ranging policy work programme
- Currently recruiting for a number of positions available in two new policy teams
We are open to receiving applications at varying levels for these roles, including Senior Advisor and Principal Advisor
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As our Senior or Principal Policy Advisor, you will provide specialist and expert advice to develop, inform and influence Government and Transport Agency transport policy and regulatory settings to best effect for future success and the benefit of our customers. You'll use your understanding of government and associated policy processes and frameworks to lead and support the formation of transport policy, working across the sector and government to positively influence broader policy and legislative settings.
You'll bring your stakeholder management skills to build these relationships and work closely with other government and sector agencies, as well as to mentor and grow more junior members of the team. You will be a part of a growing, supportive and collaborative team environment promoting professional development.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven expertise and experience with a deep understanding of the machinery of government and the decision-making process, including an in-depth understanding of the policy making process
- Proven experience in leading and developing successful future focused policies and frameworks to inform and guide organisational planning and delivery
- Proven experience in a senior role with a high level of strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking in a complex environment.
- Excellent understanding of the legislative, policy and regulatory framework of a New Zealand government system
- An understanding of the New Zealand transport system and its policy and regulatory framework is desirable, but not essential, and relevant experience in other network, infrastructure or social sectors will be considered
- A passion for shaping and creating good policy to positively influence the outcomes of the transport system and the wellbeing of New Zealanders
- A good qualification in law, economics, public policy or social sciences
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Wednesday the 5th of February
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on