Revenue and Refund Officer | Manawatu
Revenue and Refund Officer
- Assist with all financial activities of the Revenue & Refunds team
- Advise and support external and internal customers with financial transactions in a customer centric manner
- Palmerston North location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Investment and Finance team is to manage the investment and financial management processes and systems and to provide on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to assist with all financial activities of the Revenue & Refunds team. This includes analysing data and financial transactions and rectifying any exceptions, reviewing and reconciling GL accounts, managing commission payments and producing month end reports.
This role requires a customer service orientated person to support and advise external and internal customers across the wider agency.
We are looking for a hardworking, proactive problem solver who enjoys working effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines and manage workloads.
You will be strong at working with and improving processes, understanding the financial implications of transactions and being able to investigate and rectify transactions that have been have either been processed in error or where the transaction has failed.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Sound experience in analysing financial information and making decisions based on this analysis.
- Extensive experience in reconciling large volume general ledger accounts to subsidiary/source data systems and rectifying any variances.
- Proven experience with attention to detail and thoroughness of processing, recording, filing and retrieving information.
- Computer literacy, and experience with the MS Office range of applications (e.g. Word, Excel).
- Experience with large financial management systems, SAP is desirable.
- Working towards or attained a financial qualification; and/or experience in financial transaction and general ledger processing, banking and reconciliations.
Should you have the desire, passion and expertise to perform in this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Revenue and Refund Officer CS PD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 484KB)
Follow us on