Correspondence Coordinator | Wellington
- Opportunity to use your strong coordination and communication skills
- 6-month fixed term contract
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Ministerial Services team aims to ensure the NZ Transport Agency meets the quality, timeliness and information needs of our Ministers and our customers.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As our Correspondence Coordinator, you will work with another Coordinator jointly having responsibility for managing all incoming/outgoing correspondence as per Transport Agency standards, across the business groups. This includes managing all requests for information from Ministers and members of the public. You will commission this work across the Transport Agency ensuring that the correct business groups are assigned the work with all key deadlines clearly outlined, this is a critical role within the Ministerial Services team.
Using the team's digital workflow tools and processes, you will record and manage the flow of official correspondence between the Transport Agency and the office of the Minister of Transport and ensure that good working relationships across the Transport Agency and the Minister's office are maintained.
About you | Ko wai koe
We are seeking a motivated individual who can deliver to a high standard under pressure, work well individually, and as part of a team. You will be naturally resilient and agile, you remain composed in all situations and environments. You display excellent relationship management skills and you won't be afraid to challenge the status quo and will freely share your ideas on how we can improve our processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent communication skills – including plain English writing skills
- Experience with document management systems and proficiency in various Office products
- A proven history of working collaboratively and providing a seamless high-quality level of service
- A proven record of being able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain key relationships
- Strong attention to detail ensuring correspondence dispatched is consistently of the highest standards
- Experience in the public sector and knowledge of machinery of Government processes and standards in relation to official correspondence would be beneficial
If you think you have what it takes to join us, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: Wednesday the 22nd of January 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on