Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services | Wellington
Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services
- Senior advisory role within the ministerial services team
- Permanent opportunity
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Ministerial Services team aims to ensure the NZ Transport Agency meets the quality, timeliness and information needs of our Ministers and our customers.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The Ministerial Services team is looking for a knowledgeable and capable Senior Advisor with excellent attention to detail, who is proactive and likes to make a difference. This role provides the opportunity to provide robust advice, guidance and support to NZTA staff on the machinery of government, parliamentary processes, and other technical matters.
As a Senior Advisor, you will have the additional responsibilities of playing a mentor role within the wider Ministerial Services team and act as one of the first points of contact for urgent queries from our Ministers' offices.
About you | Ko wai koe
We are seeking a motivated individual who can deliver to a high standard under pressure, work well individually, and within a team. You will have a sharp mind, provide high-quality written and oral advice and have the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Naturally resilient and agile, you will be able remain composed in all situations and environments in order to communicate the NZTA's advice effectively. You won't be afraid to challenge the status quo and will freely share your ideas on how we can improve our processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate complex technical information into documents that are clear, concise and in plain English
- Superior relationship management and negotiation skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels of the organisation
- To demonstrate experience of managing demanding workloads and competing priorities, and the ability to work well under pressure without compromising quality
- A demonstrated ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to maintaining consistently high standards and ability to provide quality assurance for others' work
- Sound judgement and ability to manage risk appropriately
- An understanding of machinery of government, the contemporary political environment, government policies, and current events
- Experience with interpreting and applying the Official Information Act and the Privacy Act.
Applications close: Wednesday the 29th of January 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on