Real Time Operator | Wellington
Real Time Operator
- Keep transparent users informed with the latest travel information
- Be part of our passionate, diverse and inclusive team
- Based in Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Wellington Transport Operations Centre, part of our Transport Services Group, delivers a transport system for safe and predictable journeys across the range of transport modes that people choose to use. They work to continuously improve how the transport system operates as a whole and ensures we are well prepared for responding to emergencies on a local and national scale. They have strong relationships with local groups and councils to ensure our plans align.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This role supports the management of the transport system across urban and rural New Zealand. It monitors and responds to planned and unplanned events on and around the transport network, as well as providing accurate, relevant and timely traveller information to road users.
As Real Time Operator you will play an active part in daily customer journeys and help ensure the NZ public is kept safe on the roads. You will manage New Zealand's transport network and respond appropriately to events reported by emergency services events, which may impact on route reliability and safety.
You will receive initial training in the form of both classroom and practical experience, and work with a buddy for the first few months being going solo. You will need to be available to work on a shifts based on a 24/7 roster.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid customer service work experience, some call centre, incident or traffic management would be beneficial but not necessaryThe ability to multi-task and prioritise work load
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure, including staying calm when dealing with matters of high priority and importance
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances as the need arises
- High levels of communication and relationship management skills
- Confidence and competence with technology and working with multiple systems
- Sound knowledge and understanding of New Zealand geography is desirable
- Willingness to work within a full shift rotation on a rolling 24/7 roster regime
Please note that the successful applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Police security clearance
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 26th January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Real Time Operator TS 1439377 PD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 710KB)
Follow us on