Real Time Operations Team Lead | Wellington
Real Time Operations Team Lead
- Bring your leadership skills to manage a small team who provide real-time information and updates to customers across multiple channels
- Bring your incident and event management experience
- Based in Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This role is based within the Wellington Transport Operations Centre (WTOC Johnsonville) and ensures that planned works on the network are assessed for impact to customers and plans for their team are produced to actively manage and reduce the impacts.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Real-Time Operations Team Leader reports to the WTOC Operations Manager and is responsible for overseeing shift operations such as incident and emergency management, network performance and planned event management.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership to, and management of the transport system across urban and rural New Zealand. A key focus is building and improving internal and external relationships and processes. You will have a team of up to six operators and be accountable for delivering agreed customer levels of service.
Success in this role means safety is a priority, network performance is a focus and impacts or events to the transport system are proactively managed. Quality and accuracy are critical to ensuring our customers are provided with or can access the right information at the right time, with ease.
Hours of work will be based a 24/7 roster with a 10 day rotation of 9 hour shifts-2 Earlies, 2 Lates, 2 Nights and 4 Rest (with additional training days to make up hours to full time, every 10 weeks).
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leadership, preferably managing direct reports in an operations or customer service environment;
- Knowledge and experience in identifying and implementing system, process or service improvement initiatives, including customer-insight led solutions;
- Well-developed workload prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage relationships across many partners and stakeholders
- Understanding of the CIMS (Coordinated Incident Management System) model
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in management in a complex operational environment
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 26th January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Real Time Operator Team Lead TS 1439375 JD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 731KB)
Follow us on