Security Analyst | Multiple Locations
- Help us to protect one of New Zealand's key Government Agencies
- Be part of a high performing team
- Palmerston North or Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology group provides the essential expert support services that enable the Agency to run efficiently and achieve organisational excellence. Part of Workplace and Technology group remit is to lead Cyber Security Practice and ensure that the Agency meets its ongoing security and compliance obligations. We have a traditional business IT network as well as the operational technology of the transport sector.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Our current Security Analyst has proven their worth and been promoted resulting in an opportunity for a newcomer. The purpose of this role is to strengthen our current Security Operations team to support and monitor the security of our information and systems.
This role has lots of variety - you will be involved in monitoring and responding to security issues, reporting, operational tasks and partnering with key stakeholders like our IT teams and technology vendors.
This is an entry level role and we are looking for an enthusiastic and tech savvy individual to join our established team. You will be a recent IT graduate and/or have solid experience in an IT role, have a keen interest in security and be motivated to learn. This is a great opportunity to be part of our growing cyber security practice in an exciting and complex digital environment.
If you are keen to develop your career in security and cyber protection, then this is a fantastic first step.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Solid experience in a similar security role or transferable skills gained in other areas of Information Technology is a must
- A calm, confident and resilient approach
- Curiosity and passion about problem solving in an IT setting
- Attention to detail and the ability to detect potential threats to cybersecurity
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and ability to adapt style to suit audience
- Knowledge of systems vulnerabilities and threats
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in computer information systems, security or system, programming, engineering or a related field would be an advantage
- Security Certification such as CISSP or CEH would be an advantage
Applications close | Rā Katinga Monday 27 January 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD Security Analyst January 2020.pdf (PDF, 696KB)
Follow us on