Developer | Multiple Locations
- Contribute to quality development and innovative practices
- Work in agile teams using Java, Spring Boot and Google Cloud
- Wellington, Hamilton, Auckland, Christchurch or Palmerston North
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology (W&T) Services Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our corporate and transport technologies deliver to business and customer outcomes.
The Development team within W&T is delivering bespoke applications to that help provide a transport system that keeps people safe, is well connected and can be accessed by everyone.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of the role is to translate customer needs into technology needs. As one of our Developers you will implement design to meet product needs according to specifications and business requirements. Collaborating with the business, product managers and product analysts, you will ensure development work aligns with good practice, security and supportability requirements and is embedded into the product lifecycle.
We are looking for an excellent collaborator with an understanding of user-centred development practices to deliver the desired customer experience.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 5 years of experience in Technical skills: Java
- Technical skills: Cloud computing technologies preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Technical skills: Application frameworks preferably Spring Boot
- Technical skills: Database technologies preferable Postgres
- The ability to translate business and customer needs into technology solutions
- Proven relationship management experience in a complex business and technology environment
- Significant experience in building technical understanding of business problems
- Solid experience working with users and customers to deliver successful products
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of multiple modern technology methodologies: Agile and DevOps
- Tertiary level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday, 16 August 2020.
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time
Developer, W & T, Dec 2019.pdf (PDF, 698KB)
Follow us on