Senior Data Access Specialist | Wellington
Senior Data Access Specialist
- Lead the design and development of data access frameworks
- Work as a pivotal part of our Data Management team
- Wellington CBD location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our data and information is accurate, complete and easily available to support the delivery of business and customer outcomes. The Group is also accountable for Enterprise and Transport technology, cyber and physical security, Corporate Property and Business Support Services. It is also leading the development of the Agency's technology enabled change programme to ensure that we are able to deliver both today and tomorrow.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to enable us to apply all available data and information to the significant questions and challenges we face. This includes data we already hold, and new data sources.
The Senior Data Access Specialist will apply deep knowledge of a wide range of data sources, formats and platforms and the application of data access policies, to ensure we understand how to use our own data; assess and integrate potential new data sources; and use all available data appropriately.
In this role, you will get the unique opportunity to design, develop and implement the frameworks for data access for the Agency. You will be responsible for improving access and supporting the integration of disparate data sets to enable great insights. By working closely with the business owners of systems within the Agency, you will develop policies to ensure the information is accessible as required.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience and expertise in data management, with strengths in the data access functions
- Proven ability to find solutions and navigate complexity or ambiguity in achieving the best outcome for data consumers
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation as it pertains to information privacy and security, and making information available as openly as possible
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Ability to translate concepts into priorities, plans and outcomes and to provide specialist advice in relation to data management and access
- Understanding of transport sector policies and processes is preferred
Applications close | Rā Katinga Monday 27 January 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Data Access Specialist CEB PD.pdf (PDF, 666KB)
Follow us on