BikeReady National Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed term part time|
|Attachments:|| National Administrator BikeReady_PD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 187KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Work with our innovative award winning Education & Advertising team
- Help drive our BikeReady programme
- Location: Ideally Wellington or Auckland but could be flexible
- Fixed Term to June 2021 (32 Hours Per Week)
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Education and Advertising team, located within the Engagement & Partnerships Group, design behaviour-change education and advertising programmes. The programmes encourage desired customer user behaviour and contribute to a land transport system that is increasingly free from harms.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The NZ Transport Agency, in partnership with local government are investing to make cycling a ‘safer and more attractive' transport choice. BikeReady is a new national approach to cycling education. The aim is to increase the reach, quality, and consistency of cycling education in New Zealand.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of professional and passionate advisors in the Education and Advertising team. In this role you will be instrumental in providing advice and guidance and administration to the BikeReady system including key internal and external stakeholders to strengthen cycling capability, align road safety messaging and to embed best practice education programmes and sector resources.
In this position you will draw on your broader stakeholder engagement, administration and implementation experience. This may include planning/organising events; administering the website and being able to maintain the systems you use.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in Microsoft and web-based tools e.g. Excel, Word and databases
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Demonstrated event management and stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Proven ability to communicate effectively about programme objectives and give guidance to the sector
- Experience in monitoring programme key performance indicators
- Experience in sport and recreation or a government organisation and experience in an advising, teaching, or coaching capacity.
If you are passionate about helping set the direction and continuous improvement of the BikeReady system and resources, then this is the role for you.
NB: This is a Fixed Term role to June 2021 (32 Hours Per Week).
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.