Geospatial Analyst | Wellington
- Work with a vibrant, dynamic, & experienced team
- Opportunity to grow and learn
- Wellington Location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Geospatial Team provides insights that put customers on the map. We believe that bringing a location perspective helps people make decisions that have better outcomes that enable great journeys to keep NZ moving. We provide interactive mapping tools and evidence to support these decisions.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to provide geospatial advice, data management analysis, mapping and user support to positively influence the delivery and achievement of the Transport Agency's strategic Objectives.
You will have strong interpersonal skills to enable you to effectively engage with people across the Agency, ensuring the best information is available for decision making.
You will also be involved in mapping related projects, ensuring they are delivered to time, cost and quality expectations.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- At least 2-3 years' experience performing mapping, spatial analysis, editing and visualisation using Esri GIS product stack.
- Experience working with Portal for Arc GIS and Insights for Arc GIS desirable.
- Experience working in a project or programme environment.
- Working experience with FME desirable but now essential.
- Excellent knowledge and some experience with spatial data and the geospatial industry.
- Strong skills in data management.
- Prior experience with large enterprise geospatial systems is an advantage.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders.
- A relevant tertiary degree or equivalent experience.
If you think you have the background, interest and talent, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Geospatial Analyst PD January 2020.pdf (PDF, 654KB)
Follow us on