Principal Advisor - Walking and Cycling | Multiple Locations
Principal Advisor - Walking and Cycling
- Lead the design for the walking and cycling programme in NZ
- Set the scene for capability development across the sector
- Location: Ideally Auckland or Hamilton (Tauranga and Palmerston North are possibilities)
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The System Design and Delivery team provides, improves and maintains an integrated land transport system to effectively enable transport services. We focus on designing and delivering an integrated transport system - one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
You will work closely with local government as well as other stakeholders to provide advice on walking and cycling projects from the network planning through to the delivery stage, contributing to the development of walking and cycling guidelines and leading their implementation across New Zealand.
As a subject matter expert, you will be a key contact in the Agency for walking and cycling projects in the Auckland region, ensuring a business case approach and assisting in developing the capability of the sector. Through developing and nurturing partnership opportunities with a range of stakeholders you get to use your creativity to set the right direction and champion walking and cycling nationally.
Your skills in project delivery, project planning together with your technical skills/knowledge of walking and cycling standards would be an advantage.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building capability and credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast paced, project-based environment
- The ability to provide advice and support on accessibility and the awareness of a disability action plan
- Experience working on complex projects involving multiple objectives and sources of information as well as diverse stakeholders
- The ability to source and manage key information and produce meaningful information
- Exceptional written and verbal presentation, communication and advocacy skills
- Qualifications in Project Management or equivalent experience is desirable
Should you have an interest in walking and cycling in New Zealand and you have the skills and experience to perform, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Principal Advisor Walking & Cycling TS January 2020.pdf (PDF, 733KB)
Follow us on