Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement | Multiple Locations
Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement
- An opportunity to help make New Zealand's roads safer
- Be a part of a meaningful collaborative initiative that impacts the lives of New Zealanders
- Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work, and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Engagement and Communications team supports the business by providing specialist communication and engagement support and advice. We help people understand where we are heading, what our culture is and the difference we make to New Zealand, through sharing information, starting conversations and listening to our people, our customers and our partners.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
An opportunity to work on our Safe Networks Programme (SNP), a collaborative initiative that aims to save up to 160 deaths and serious injuries every year across New Zealand's highest risk state highways and local roads.
This role will help ensure the Safe Network Programme initiatives, including speed reviews, in lower North and upper South Island, are supported within the communities that use and live alongside these roads.
Reporting into the Practice Manager, the Senior Advisor will offer excellent engagement and communications advice and delivery for SNP projects across the Greater Wellington region. This will include working both strategically and tactically to ensure communities understand and support the initiatives that the NZ Transport Agency will deliver, to help make our roads safer.
For more information on the Safe Networks Programme please follow this link: https://nzta.govt.nz/safety/our-vision-of-a-safe-road-system/safe-network-programme/
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex and strategic information clearly and simply
- A deep understanding and knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels, and an awareness of the IAP2 engagement framework
- Experience engaging with diverse communities face-to-face
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment, as well as public sector experience.
Applications close: Tuesday the 4th of February 2020
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on