Licensing Officer | Auckland
- Ensure compliance within the driver licensing system
- Opportunity to use your audit and investigation experience
- Bring your relationship management and influencing skills
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory Services group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of the Licensing Officer role is to ensure compliance within the driver licensing system by educating, auditing and building a culture of willing compliance within the contracted providers. This role also ensures that testing routes are fit for purpose and that this vital service of the Transport Agency is provided to all customers in a consistent fashion throughout the region and across New Zealand.
You will enjoy using your relationship management skills to build strong relationships with key stakeholders as well as educate and influence. You will have a good understanding of audit and investigation processes. You will have an excellent customer service focus and be a self-motivated person who is flexible and agile in their approach to work.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong understanding and experience of audit and investigation processes
- Track record in building and sustaining working relationships with customers and stakeholders and the ability to influence
- Excellent communication skills, including written and report writing skills
- Strong computer literacy skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to read and understand legislation
- Experience in developing driver testing routes is desirable
- An "I" Instructor license endorsement together with an "O" endorsement is preferred but not required
- A full and clean NZ drivers license
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 24 Nov 2019
For a copy of the position description: please see attachment
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Licensing Officer VDL REG PD Nov 2019.pdf (PDF, 655KB)
Follow us on