Traffic Signal Operator | Wellington
Traffic Signal Operator
- Come and be part of ensuring our transport network keeps moving
- Be part of a committed team
- Use your technology skills to help all New Zealanders
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
Our Wellington Transport Operations Centre, in our Operations business group, helps to keep the transport network moving. We manage and optimise customer journeys and enable travelers to get safely to their destination.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As a Traffic Signal Operator you will work within the Wellington Transport Operations Centre to monitor and actively manage the traffic systems (primarily SCATS and Traffic Signals) to maximise traffic safety and efficiency on the roading network.
This involves providing an efficient response to incidents, faults or other issues with network assets, engaging with contractors and escalating to emergency services and other teams as required. The Operator will also identify problems and opportunities with the traffic signals, and implement solutions using CCTV and traffic management software (including SCATS) to maximise network performance.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has strong communication and interpersonal skills who is looking to be part of a committed team, ensuring our roading network is safe for all New Zealanders.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A basic understanding in management and/or application of traffic operations and safety issues for the network is advantageous
- A background in information technology is advantageous
- Some understanding of the legislative environment regarding traffic operations
- Demonstrated experience in operating traffics signals (SCATS) and CCTV systems is an advantage
- Experience in working within a partial shift rotation on a rolling roster regime is desired
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- An ability to successfully pass a Police Vetting check
- A relevant, or recognised, qualification is an advantage
- A current and valid New Zealand driver's licence (or equivalent)
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 17th November
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Traffic Signal Operator Transport Services PD Nov 2019.pdf (PDF, 723KB)
Follow us on