Activity Class Manager | Multiple Locations
Activity Class Manager
- Brand new Activity Class Manager roles
- Exposure to senior stakeholders and key decision makers
- Flexible locations across New Zealand
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Transport Services Group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system, through the delivery of projects and maintenance contracts, to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
As an Activity Class Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring and prioritizing the state highway maintenance activitie to support and develop the National Land Transport Programme (NLTP).
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This is a new role that has been created within the Transport Services business group and is based in the Operational Policy, Planning and Performance team. You will be involved in the oversight of the State Highway maintenance programme delivering $2.1 billon in the NLTP, working with our key Suppliers across New Zealand.
Previous experience in asset management or programme management is preferred and having a passion to continually learn and develop with new approaches to working across multiple different areas is essential.
You will work closely with internal teams to gain an understanding of the programmes to enable you to maximize the achievement of the various programmes of work. This will give you the opportunity to engage with key decision makers and stakeholders within the NLTP programme - from the Chief Executive in Waka Kotahi, to the Ministerial Service Team and our external partners.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Confidence and ability to make decisions and set directions that withstand scrutiny and challenge
- Ability to report confidently on status up to Executive Leadership Team
- Good programme and risk management and assessment skills
- Able to handle ambiguity and adapt to changes of direction or priorities
- Subject matter expertise relevant in delivery, operational or investment
- Strong skills in influencing without power
- Financially literate with experience of budget management
- Attention to detail but an ability to see the big picture
- Skilled in stakeholder engagement
This role can be based in multiple locations across New Zealand.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
28th February 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Activity Class Manager Position Description Transport Services November 2019.pdf (PDF, 811KB)
Follow us on