Senior Advisor Health, Safety and Wellbeing - Regulatory Services | Multiple Locations
Senior Advisor Health, Safety and Wellbeing - Regulatory Services
- Bring your Health, Safety and Wellbeing expertise
- Lead and engage with your great coaching and communication skills
- Preferred location : Wellington but will consider Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton or Palmerston North
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory Services group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Reporting to the Senior Manager Operational Policy, Planning and Intelligence, in this role you will provide health, safety and wellbeing advice to the Regulatory Services Group. You will empower our people to actively be engaged and responsible for their own and other's safety. Using your expertise in health and safety you will identify opportunities for improvement and enhance our frameworks and systems. As a passionate health and safety professional you will advocate for enhancing our health and safety practices and ensure that we provide advice and solutions that align with the Agency's strategy.
This is a varied role that enables you to work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. Your ability to work collaboratively with others and your natural attention to detail, tenacity and persuasive skills will be paramount to your success. This role will play a key part of the overall improvement journey the Regulatory Group has embarked on and will require the right person to be able to mix it with our frontline staff through to the General Mangers for both the Regulatory and Safety Health and Environment groups.
This role will be a critical link between the Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency's Safety Health and Wellness team and the numerous business units across the Regulatory Group. As we are a geographically dispersed workforce ability to travel domestically from time to time will important.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience providing innovative health and safety advice and guidance
- Ability to influence and drive a health and safety culture at all levels
- Proven ability to develop positive health and safety culture and performance outcomes
- Experience leading Health and Safety audits and investigations
- Experience in developing, improving and enhancing health and safety management frameworks and systems
- Expertise and knowledge of relevant legislation and standards
- Willingness to obtain and maintain HASNZ membership and continued professional development
- Tertiary qualifications in occupational health and safety or demonstrable equivalent experience in a senior health and safety role
- Member of recognised health and safety accreditation body
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 24 Nov 2019
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Advisor Health, Safety, Wellbeing PD Nov 2019.pdf (PDF, 885KB)
Follow us on