Manager, Transport Service Licensing | Multiple Locations
Manager, Transport Service Licensing
- Lead, develop and motivate a high performing team
- Strong decision making to promote willing compliance
- Champion process and system improvement
- Preferred location is Palmerston North
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Regulatory Services group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As Manager Transport Service Licensing, you will manage a team responsible for growing a productive safety and compliance culture within the commercial transport industry. You will ensure commercial transport operators are competent and operate in a manner that keeps workers and road users safe.
You will lead a team that applies technical and legislative expertise that contributes to a fair and firm regulatory system. Managing cases throughout the regulatory decision-making process, you and your team will ensure the integrity of the licensing system, improve safety and minimise harm on our roads.
We are looking for a committed leader who has a balanced approach, excellent judgement and is confident when making decision in order to support the team's assessments of transport service operators.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your strong leadership skills and develop and grow a hard-working team within Commercial Licensing & Revenue.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing teams, ideally in a regulatory environment
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of the regulatory and compliance requirements of the New Zealand transport system
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation, with the ability to articulate it in a meaningful way to others
- Strong understanding and experience of audit and investigation processes
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- A results driven approach and a focus on continuous improvement
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Wednesday 20 November 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager Transport Service Licensing VDL PD October 2019.pdf (PDF, 820KB)
Follow us on