Payroll Advisor | Wellington
- Join an experienced, friendly, payroll team
- Fixed Term role – 12 months
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The People Group is responsible for driving an environment in which people can really thrive. The People Group are at the beginning of a journey to revitalise our people related systems, processes and practices so that we have the workplace and capabilities we need to succeed.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
In this role you will supporting the payroll with the full end to end payroll fuctions and other BAU activities.
You will apply your in-depth payroll and legislative knowledge and participate in the processing of payroll and ensure employees are paid accurately and on time.
A large part of this role involves working collaboratively with immediate team members as well as across the business, so your well-developed relationship management and communication skills will be key to your success.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Sound experience in configuration and payroll using Chris 21 is preferred
- Experience working within a complex payroll environment
- A strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, respond to, and resolve payroll queries
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to ask relevant questions that challenge the status quo
- Ability to complete payroll administration with high volumes of new starters and terminations and to maintain payroll leave management services
- Vigilant around the application of entitlements, awards and agreements
Applications close | Rā Katinga – 29 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD - Payroll Advisor 2019.pdf (PDF, 720KB)
Follow us on