Operational Policy Advisor | Wellington
Operational Policy Advisor
- Develop our data and information operational policy
- Ensure our data and information is fit for purpose
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Workplace and Technology Services Group is accountable for leading, influencing and ensuring that our corporate and transport technologies deliver to business and customer outcomes. The Group is accountable for all cyber and physical security issues, ensuring that the Transport Agency meets its ongoing security and compliance obligations.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As our Operational Policy Advisor, you will be responsible for ensuring our data and information initiatives have a sound policy basis and are supported by appropriate frameworks, guidelines and standards. You will develop and maintain the policies and guidelines that help ensure that our data and information remain fit for purpose and ultimately can continue to support our business decisions.
This role is part of a team that has been set up to consciously grow our maturity in managing our ever-increasing data and information. You don't need to be a data or information expert, but you will work closely with relevant data and information advisors, professionals and other subject matter experts.
If you enjoy working in a team, have a passion for evidence-based decision making and want to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant previous experience in an operational policy role
- A track record in developing and maintaining high quality operational policy at an organisational level
- Experience in translating business requirements into and/or from technical specifications
- A good understanding of policy development and analysis
- Demonstrable document writing skills
- A basic knowledge of public sector legislation and obligations related to data and information including the Public Records Act, Official Information Act, Privacy Act and Protective Security Requirements
- Familiarity with advanced business analytics or business intelligence
- Practical knowledge of project management and procurement processes
- An understanding of process and quality improvement principles
Applications close | Rā Katinga Sunday 26 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD - Operational Policy Advisor - September 2019.pdf (PDF, 710KB)
Follow us on