Senior Researcher | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Research Analyst - PD - Corporate Services - October 2019 - NEW.pdf (PDF, 858KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2019|
- Lead a programme of research and evaluation work in transport areas like safety, resilience and urban development
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in central/ local government, research partners - private and universities
- Wellington or Auckland location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Senior Research Analyst and the Research and Evaluation team are tasked with working across the sector. As a Senior Researcher, you will provide high level research advice as well as project and stakeholder management.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Working alongside other researchers, you will be developing and overseeing programmes of land transport research. Your focus will be on ensuring clarity and translation of sector research needs into briefs to take through to research projects, selecting the right research partners to work with, and taking the research through to conclusion.
A key part of this role will be liaising, influencing and negotiating with a range of stakeholders to help define the specifications for each project. You will also provide leadership and expertise in the development of best practice methods in research and evaluation to ensure the quality and value of NZ Transport Agency information.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience in research and evaluation and its practical implementation in delivering strategic and operational land transport advice
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of senior stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of best practice in research and analysis
- Solid experience leading complex projects involving multiple objectives and sources of information
- Great written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility and resilience
- Experience in the transport sector and government is desirable
Applications close | Rā Katinga
25th October 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for. this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or. have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.