Manager, Advanced Analytics and Modelling | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Advanced Analytics and Modelling - CS - PD_Oct 2019. docx.pdf (PDF, 682KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2020|
- Opportunity to shape advanced analytics and modelling in the Agency
- Lead an experienced group of data scientists
- Strong focus on stakeholder relationships
- Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As Manager Advanced Analytics and Modelling, you will ensure the advanced analytics work programme supports the business strategy of the Agency. An important part of this role will be engaging with stakeholders to make sure what the data scientists do align with the needs of the organisation.
The team is already working on a number of exciting and emerging projects applying data science and other advanced analytical techniques including:
- real-time prediction and monitoring of our network
- identifying the risks to public safety through the application of statistical methodologies and models
- statistical evaluations of road engineering initiatives.
- demand forecasting, and
- natural language processing
You need to have a good understanding of analytical approaches, including what data science can do and offer. You will need to be comfortable discussing analytical approaches when working closely with our stakeholders. A successful outcome is as much a part of being able to build a strong relationship with our stakeholders as it is about developing the solution.
You will also be liaising with industry peers to ensure best practice and create opportunities for analytical partnerships, one key relationship being between the Agency and the Ministry of Transport - so your excellent communication and interpersonal skills will really come to the fore.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant background in data science/advanced analytics.
- Proven experience in leading teams including the ability to successfully coach and mentor others.
- Strong communciation and excellent relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable experience working in analytical teams within a similar large complex organisation.
- Strategic focus and the ability to see the big picture.
- Experience of the transport sector would be an advantage.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. data science, statistics, economics or social science).
We are looking for someone who is a confident and credible leader, who enjoys building effective working relationships and empowering others.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Thursday 30 January 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.