Pou Arahi Regional Advisor Maori | Auckland
Pou Arahi Regional Advisor Maori
- Exciting times at the NZ Transport Agency
- New role for Māori advisor with relationship management expertise
- Bring your passion for partnering with Māori
- Location: Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton
Pou Ārahi – Regional Advisor Māori. Waka Kotahi New Zealand Transport Agency He tūranga hou tēnei kei roto o te tari o Waka Kotahi - mō Ngāi Māori, mō runga o te kaupapa waka, mō Aotearoa.
About us | Ko wai mātou
The Transport Agency recognises and respects Te Tiriti o Waitangi and will work with Māori to build strong, meaningful and enduring relationships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
At the NZ Transport Agency, we have revitalised our organisation because the world is changing, and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and businesses want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're revitalising so we can make the most of the future opportunities whilst recognising and providing for our cultural heritage as envisaged by Te Tiriti o Waitangi – join us.
The NZ Transport Agency's new Māori Strategy “Te Ara Kotahi” provides strategic direction to the Transport Agency on how we work with and respond to Māori as the Crown's Treaty partner, and what this means for how we do business.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this new position is to support the Transport Agency to deliver on its responsibilities, obligations and commitments to Iwi/Māori and to fulfil Te Ara Kotahi – Our Māori Strategy.
As a Māori Advisor you will support our people to engage with Iwi/Māori on Transport Agency initiatives and projects and partner with Māori in the work we do to support them to deliver on their land transport priorities and aspirations.
You will also lead regional engagements with Iwi/Māori to build strong, meaningful and enduring relationships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- Good knowledge and understanding of tikanga Māori me te reo Māori and able to lead cultural events.
- Good proficiency in performing mihi whakatau, whaikorero, karakia, waiata or karanga where required.
- Proven strategic and operational skills to enable you to provide advice on Kaupapa Māori matters.
- Experience in promoting, advocating and implementing strategies and action plans.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, practices, guidelines and toolkits.
- Experience in the management of iwi partnerships and business group relationships.
- Proven cultural leadership ability.
- Experience of leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Strong report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with Māori on projects and initiatives.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Tuesday 22 October
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For a copy of the advertisement in Te Reo: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
PD - Pou Arahi - Regional Advisor Maori Oct 2019.pdf (PDF, 777KB)
Advert Regional Advisor Maori Oct 2019 Te Reo Version Final.docx (Word, 54KB)
Follow us on