Manager, Design and Brand | Multiple Locations
Manager, Design and Brand
- Showcase your leadership and creative skills
- Manage the Transport Agency brand and the provision of graphic design services
- Build strong relationships and provide expert advice to teams across the Transport Agency
- Wellington preferred (May consider Palmerston North and Auckland)
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Engagement and Partnerships Group is accountable for leading effective agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications, and regional relationships so we are supported to achieve our goals through great organisational storytelling, effective cross government facilitation, sound reputation management and strengthened central and local government partnerships.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The role will manage the Transport Agency brand and the provision of graphic design services to the NZ Transport Agency. This includes delivering online and print creative design projects and the development and application of the Transport Agency visual identity.
This role is responsible for end to end planning, managing, tracking and delivering (including printing) the design work that comes into the team, as well as building strong relationships with external design agencies and printers.
The range of work is varied, including key corporate documents and design services for a wide range of national and regional projects.
You will lead, influence and build credibility across key stakeholders, and actively look for opportunities to improve services, and support organisational change.
As a people leader you will lead internal and external relationships and provide advice across teams in the Agency, as well as managing and developing the Agency brand.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in leading a creative design function
- Experience as a graphic designer for online and print communication channels.
- Print and online publishing, and production process experience.
- Experience in brand management.
- Rigorous research and analytical skills in relation to understanding communication channels use and incorporating customer insight into a design process.
- Able to ‘think outside the square' with the desire to generate creative and practical solutions to problems.
- Experience in photography and animation is desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of web accessibility standards and the requirements for creating accessible publications.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in graphic design and communication channels production for online and print assets.
If you have the passion, the interest and desire to perform in this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Sunday 2 February 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Manager_Design_and_Brand_PD Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 891KB)
Follow us on