Principal Advisor, EPMO | Wellington
Principal Advisor, EPMO
- Establish systems that ensure that project related information is made readily available
- Be part of a supportive team
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency | Waka Kotahi, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support Group provides key specialist corporate functions that are core to enabling the Transport Agency to run efficiently and to achieve organisational excellence internally and for the land transport system. One of the key areas for this would be to provide the Enterprise Programme Management Office (EPMO) function for independent assurance around process quality and benefits realisation, as well as priority cross-agency business improvements.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic oversight and support to the Senior Manager EPMO by providing technical & commercial expertise and leadership to ensure NZ Transport Agency is making robust investment decisions in selecting and delivering the portfolio.
The Principal Advisor is a key conduit between the EPMO and the rest of NZ Transport Agency, ensuring that project related information is made readily available to those who need it and requests for information are responded to efficiently and accurately. You'll actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of EPMO, supporting the Senior Manager and Leadership Team work across programmes and special projects.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in providing input into strategic issues
- Significant experience in working across the commercial and financial aspects of projects and programmes in a transport or place-making setting
- Proven experience working with external and internal parties and managing effective relationships
- Strong analytical thinking skills with experience in central or local government
- Proven influencing and collaboration skills internally and externally across other organisations
- Knowledge of the National Land Transport Plan establishment and review processes
- Experience in using business intelligence tools (including excel) to manipulate complex data and provide high quality analysis
- Experience in triaging complex problems and quickly establishing multiple parallel work streams to solve each problem
- Tertiary qualifications at preferably post graduate level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Applications close: Sunday the 20th of October 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand. NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Follow us on