Senior Advisor Communications & Engagement | Waikato
Senior Advisor Communications & Engagement
- Make a real difference to the Safe Network Programme and speed management
- Work in a supportive collaborative environment
- Hamilton location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to help connect people with the Transport Agency and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. You'll provide communications advice to support the planning and delivery of the Safe Network Programme in the Waikato. Your key focus will be on managing the SNP speed management and infrastructure projects.
Dealing with external parties and internal parties across the business, you will have strong stakeholder engagement and relationship development skills.
You will be outgoing, a good decision maker and be able to push back. In addition, you will be able to understand your own expertise to enable you to perform optimally. Importantly, you will be able to “influence” your stakeholders.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills e.g.: event management, marketing communications, and stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications - IAP2 experience would be a bonus (International association for public participation)
- Previous experience or interest in the areas of transport, technology or change projects will be useful
- A qualification in either marketing, psychology, journalism or writing would be a nice to have.
- Your background could be in engagement, marketing or communications.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Friday 20 September
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Advisor - Communications and Engagement PD Sept 2019.pdf (PDF, 892KB)
Follow us on