Portfolio Advisor | Multiple Locations
- Work with a specialist team committed to providing a centre of excellence for programme and project management
- Fixed Term: 12 months
- Location; Ideally Wellington or Auckland
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Programme Management Office is responsible for ensuring consistency in the Agency's project management approach and improved governance and transparency of decision making.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to provide support and services across an assigned portfolio, by working alongside programme and project managers to ensure best practices and quality reporting are applied across the lifecycle for all project and programme management activities, usually at small to medium scales and complexities.
The Portfolio Advisor is part of a specialist team that supports and works closely with the Principal Portfolio Advisors and Manager PMO Programme, in driving and implementing PMO services and support that enables the Agency to successfully deliver on the Agency plan.
This is a role that, as well as providing technical advice and support, is seen as a trusted partner across the project lifestyle phases.
We are looking for a capable, and energetic professional to join our team on a fixed term contract. You will have strong interpersonal skills and work collaboratively with the team.
Your strong problem solving and analysis skills together with your experience in project reporting will be important.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of portfolio, programme and project methodologies and reporting
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Experience in reviewing key project and programme documentation and effective in working with teams to deliver quality outputs
- Excellent organisational skills in prioritising and managing workloads
- Experience in using relevant systems in a PMO environment ideally with PlanView, SAP, TIO or relevant financial experience
- 3+ years' experience at Advisor level in a PMO environment or equivalent programme or project environment and ideally with experience working on construction or complex scale programmes and projects
- A recognised project or programme management professional qualification is desirable i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince2, and/or Managing Successful Programme (MSP)
If you are passionate about making a difference and have the required background and want to gain some valuable experience to add to your already impressive CV, we would like to hear from you.
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Tuesday 24 September 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Portfolio Advisor CS PD Sept 2019.pdf (PDF, 871KB)
Follow us on