Programme Director - Public-Private Partnership | Wellington
Programme Director - Public-Private Partnership
- Manage a large-scale multi-party project
- Utilize your strong commercial experience in project leadership
- 3 year fixed term contract based in Wellington
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Agency's focus is on effective, efficient and safe movement of people and goods on a resilient network that is integrated with local roads and other modes of transport. This provides smart, efficient and predictable travel choices and contributes to the Agency's purpose of creating transport solutions for all of New Zealand.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Programme Director, Public-Private Partnership (PPP) you will be part of the Transport Services business group. This is a key role that is tasked with leading the programme of works for the successful construction and operation of the Transmission Gully.
The Transmission Gully is a 27km four lane motorway that will be a key component of the Governments and Wellington Region's Northern Corridor. Once completed it will provide a safe, reliable and more efficient highway connection from Wellington to the growing economic centres of Kapiti and the Manatawu and subsequently the wider North Island.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Design, construct and commission major projects and whole of life outcomes.
- Risk allocation and mitigation within the large scale multi-party projects.
- Management of large scales contractors and high risk, high profile projects.
- In-dept understanding of government legislative and regulatory environment.
- Extensive experience in the management of different contracting models - including PPP.
- Extensive experience in transitioning road assets from delivery into operations.
- Understanding of project finance and NZ Treasury PPP model is highly desirable.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
24th September 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Programme Director PPP - Wellington 1.pdf (PDF, 754KB)
Follow us on