Senior Advisor, Planning and Performance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Planning and Performance Aug 2020.pdf (PDF, 779KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Nov-2020|
- Be part of a dynamic team, working closely with Principal Advisors to deliver planning and performance expertise across the group
- Work with senior leaders at group level to provide insight, analysis and advice
- Bring your superior Excel skills and strong background in performance and quantitative analysis
- Wellington based
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for Waka Kotahi and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance - it is the essence of why we do what we do. For more information, please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/regulatory/
To view our regulatory strategy : please visit Tu Ake, Tu Maia - Stand Up, Stand Firm
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality analysis and advice to the Senior Manager Planning and Performance, the Regulatory Services Leadership Team and the wider Regulatory Services Management Team to support them in the areas of group business planning, operational planning, and performance/accountability reporting, including reporting progress against plans. The Senior Advisor supports planning and performance reporting across all Regulatory Services Group activities, as well as wider organisational accountability reporting processes.
As the Senior Advisor Planning and Performance, you will bring your strong strategic reporting and analysis experience to lead on the development and maintenance of reporting for use within the Regulatory Services Group and analyse performance information. You'll have a strong customer focus and be used to working with senior stakeholders to support them in the areas of performance and accountability reporting, including reporting progress against plans. You'll have strong written communications skills as well as an eye for detail and an interest in increasing the level of consistency to our reporting.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated experience of reporting and analysis in strategic and/or operational areas
- A strong analytical background, enabling key performance issues to be identified
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in operational or strategic planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills, including building trust and confidence, to a senior level
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- The ability to work with the business to develop appropriate measures and reports
- Experience in developing frameworks, systems and processes
- Experience in a complex public sector agency and familiarity with regulatory environments is desirable.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience is desirable
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Sunday, 1 Nov 2020
For a copy of the position description, please visit: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.