Senior Advisor | Wellington
- Deliver great transport outcomes in our communities
- Join a close knit and supportive team
- Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Engagement & Partnerships group leads effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement, governance and reputation management.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As a Senior Advisor you will help connect people with the Transport Agency and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. You will offer advice and provide communications planning and delivery on a range of programmes across our organisation so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals.
This is a pivotal role and you will use your excellent communications experience to tell compelling stories about the great work we are doing in our communities for both our internal and external customers. You will have a collaborative approach and enjoy putting our customers at the heart of what we do.
Day to day you will work closely with our stakeholders to drive our work programmes forward. This will involve partnership to develop plans, identify and mitigate risks, and communications activities such as writing for external channels or event management. This role certainly offers you lots of variety.
We're looking for a diligent self-starter who will bring fresh thinking and demonstrate an enthusiastic and proactive approach. This is a fast-paced and hands-on role so if you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and taking pride in your work, then this is for you!
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery, ideally within Government
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Tuesday 24 September 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Senior Advisor - Communications and Engagement PD Sept 2019.pdf (PDF, 769KB)
Follow us on