Senior Safety Engineer | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Safety Engineer SDD PD August 2019.pdf (PDF, 890KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2019|
- Be recognised as a lead provider of expert traffic engineering advice
- Manage safety funding, investment and programmes
- Play a crucial role in one of the organisation's key priorities
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
As the Senior Saftey Engineer based in Canterbury, you will be part of the The System Design and Delivery (SDD) business group. The System Design and Delivery group aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
You will be reporting into the Portfolio Manager.
Bring your road safety or traffic engineering background to provide technical advice and support to the System Design and Delivery group to ensure that traffic and safety policies, procedures and standards are robustly developed, analysed and implemented. You will use your strong communication and relationship management skills to work with key stakeholders externally to identify and prioritise safety measures and programmes. You will have the opportunity to use your understanding of key data sources to assess outputs and make recommendations, as well as develop and monitor safety programmes of work.
There is a travel element to the role. You will be required to travel between Canterbury and the West Coast from time to time.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A background and experience in road safety engineering and/or traffic engineering
- Experience with programme management
- An awareness and understanding of the Safe System approach
- Knowledge and understanding of the applicability and effectiveness of potential safety improvements
- Understanding of key data sources (CAS, RAMM, High speed data, KiwiRAP)
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to communicate the safety vision, including the safe system
- The ability to influence and persuade others and bring them on the journey
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to generate a range of solutions and logically evaluate these
Applications close Wednesday 28th August 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for. this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.