Principal Advisor | Wellington
- Demonstrate your sound knowledge of best practice strategy development, implementation and performance monitoring.
- Be creative and propose innovative solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Bring your strong relationship management and people leader skills.
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand – join us.
In our Strategy, Policy and Planning group, our aim is to set the long-term direction of the land transport system and enable its achievement through collaborative planning and drive organisation-wide success through effective monitoring of delivery performance.
The purpose of this role is to provide robust advice, project leadership and proactive support to the Manager, Organisational Performance and the wider Group Leadership Team to help shape the performance and monitoring activities of the New Zealand Transport Agency, ensuring that our approach is innovative, accurate and engaging.
It will involve oversight and development of the Transport Agency's accountability documents, and project leadership and management, including providing clear direction and strong support to project team members.
You will use your highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills to build relationships and credibility with a range of key stakeholders and to obtain the best outcome.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Proven expertise and experience with a deep understanding of the machinery of Government and the decision making process including an in-depth understanding of performance monitoring and reporting.
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple objectives and diverse stakeholders.
- Experience creating and proposing innovative solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Highly effective written and verbal presentation and communications and advocacy skills.
- Exposure to leading and managing projects and the project members.
- Sound knowledge of best practice strategy development and implementation practices.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Applications close: Friday 23 August
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Advisor PD Aug 2019.pdf (PDF, 836KB)
Follow us on