Senior Investment Advisor | Multiple Locations
Senior Investment Advisor
- Do you want to utilise your deep knowledge in economics and business case analysis?
- Do you have strong communication and influencing skills?
- Location: Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton or Wellington
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Investment & Finance group manages the Agency's investment and financial management systems, and provides on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
The Investment Assurance team provides the value for money oversight and assurance over all the Agency's investments so that the business plan, programmes and significant investments reflect value for money and expected benefits are realised.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise and leadership in relation to the investment assurance processes and assessments of significant investments to assure the Agency's investments reflect value for money and are based on robust information for decision-making.
It will include providing guidance and critical feedback on financial/economic methodologies and analysis during the development of business cases.
You will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and utilise your excellent communication and influencing skills to obtain the desired outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Application of technical expertise in economic evaluation, financial analysis, or investment evaluation preferably in relation to transport investments.
- Demonstrated understanding of investment models in the public sector.
- Use of financial or economic evaluation tools/models for evaluation of programmes and projects.
- An ability to Identify knowledge gaps, to ask key questions and to test critical investment risks and assumptions that sit within business cases.
- Experience reviewing and improving business cases in collaboration with others.
- An ability to advise on continuous improvements e.g. to policy, frameworks, tools and processes.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Economics/Accounting/Finance/Transport or related discipline.
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious. We would love to hear from you!
Applications close: 23 August 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand
PD Senior Investment Advisor August 2019.pdf (PDF, 798KB)
Follow us on