Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme | Multiple Locations
Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme
- Opportunity to lead a team passionate committed to improving the safety and wellbeing of all New Zealanders
- Directly impact and reduce the number of crashes on our roads that cause death and serious injury
- A national role with flexible working arrangements - can be based out of multiple locations
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
As the Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme, you will be part of the System Design and Delivery business group reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Delivery.
The focus of the System Design and Delivery group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
As the Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme you will responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the Safe Networks team. The Safety Networks Programme is a high-profile project focusing on reducing crashes that result in death or serious injury on state highways and local roads. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle programme management - from programme development to implemenation and completion.
In this role, it is vital that you can build and maintain strong relationships - you will be required to work with internal NZTA stakeholders to deliver a meaningful programme that achieves desired improvements on the state highway, as well as working with our external partners in local authorities to create and deliver a programme that supports local road safety improvements. You must be hard working, collaborative and have a passion for the safety and wellbeing of others.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 5+ years in project and programme management - experience in transport industry would be ideal
- Leadership - can motivate, inspire and engage your team internally and externally
- Relationship building skills - can work collaboratively to achieve outcomes
- Strong drive for providing excellent results
- Experience in infrastructure programme management
Driver's license is required for this role.
Applications close Wednesday 21 August 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme PD July 2019.docx (Word, 917KB)
Portfolio Manager Delivery - Safe Networks Programme PD July 2019.pdf (PDF, 1.09MB)
Follow us on