Programme Manager - On Road Vehicle Compliance | Multiple Locations
Programme Manager - On Road Vehicle Compliance
- A key leadership role with a national focus
- Ensure new regulatory capability is successfully embedded within the Transport Agency
- Work closely with key industry partners such as the NZ Police
- Location : Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christhcurch, or Dunedin
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory Services group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to provide strong, collaborative leadership and proactive management across multiple teams to ensure new regulatory capability is successfully embedded within the Transport Agency. You will drive the ability to use on-road compliance information to inform regulatory responses that influence industry behaviour, deliver outcomes and realise benefits across the Transport Agency and NZ Police.
In this role you will have the opportunity to deliver national projects and business development initiatives designed to reduce road harm.
You will ensure high standards of safety and compliance amongst commercial transport operators through influence, advice, setting of clear expectations, deterrence and enforcement.
The role will lead and/or contribute to innovation for continuous improvement within the Regulatory Group and as directed in terms of Agency wide projects. Working closely with the Road Corridor Leadership Team, you will lead projects and deliver key objectives with the team.
This is a senior leadership position with three main accountabilities;
- Developing and delivering national projects (based on high priority risks)
- Leadership - you will be a key member of the Road Corridor Leadership Team, fostering a culture of high quality delivery, innovation, responsiveness and open communication
- Engagement and management - achieving exceptional stakeholder relationships, securing highly connected partnerships with key stakeholders and ensuring high levels of industry commitment to safety and compliance
About you | Ko wai koe
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant experience in project and/or programme management
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience in bringing disparate groups together
- Ability to communicate, work with and manage technical experts
- Understanding of the Transport Agency, its regulatory functions and the transport industry
- Proven experience in Project Management methodologies
- Able to develop solutions to complex problems using a range of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- The ability to write professional reports to a high standard
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to relate well, create rapport, build credibility and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to apply a systematic and methodical approach to problem analysis
- Able to demonstrate perseverance to achieve and exceed goals
- High level of regulatory expertise
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Project/programme management qualifications
- Regulatory management experience or qualifications desirable
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 29 Sept 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply go to: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Prog Mgr On Road Vehicle Compliance RC REG PD Aug 2019.pdf (PDF, 946KB)
Follow us on