Learning and Development Consultant (Regulatory Practice) | Wellington
Learning and Development Consultant (Regulatory Practice)
- Design and deliver creative, impactful and effective learning solutions
- Support leaders to improve people performance
- Apply your adult learning and instructional design experience
- 2 positions available, based in Wellington
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Regulatory group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems, management of risks, and improved safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The purpose of the role is to assist with the design and delivery of creative, innovative and impactful learning solutions which drives the development of the Transport Agency's regulatory capability. This involves supporting leaders to raise people performance; designing, developing, delivering and evaluating learning; and contributing to a programme of work that ensures our people have the right skills to carry out their regulatory work effectively, now and into the future.
You will bring your adult learning and instructional design experience to design and implement learning initiatives, processes and frameworks - and to help our people to be great learners, coaches, trainers and assessors as well as great regulators. You'll have a collaborative and customer-focused approach as you work alongside business leaders to help them improve people performance. And you'll help define, measure and improve the people capabilities required to help us be an effective regulator in tomorrow's world, as well as today's. There's plenty of scope in this role to apply those skills you love using most and your keen interest in new learning technology and trends to make a real difference.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Knowledge and experience in organisational people capability building and facilitating adult learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in instructional design and evaluation
- Experience in using MS Office to an intermediate level
- Experience in workplace learning and assessment is desirable but not essential
- Experience in website management, content management systems, knowledge management and learning management systems is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of and/or experience in graphic design and creating digital learning is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of and/or experience in regulatory practice is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Te Reo Māori is desirable but not essential
- Experience in project management is desirable but not essential
Applications close Wednesday 28 August 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Learning and Development Consultant REG PD Aug 2019.pdf (PDF, 889KB)
Follow us on