Principal Analyst - Data Services | Wellington
Principal Analyst - Data Services
- Mix of operational and strategic activities
- Be part of a high performing and supportive team
- Wellington location
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support Group underpins everything the Agency does. They are an enabler, an advisor and the people who keep the Agency safe. Corporate Support includes Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. For the Agency to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
As well as stimulating work, we offer a range of benefits including ongoing professional development, the opportunity to work flexibly (within our operational requirements), 4 weeks annual leave, subsidised health insurance, and an active social club. For more information check out :https://www.nzta.govt.nz/careers/our-benefits/
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As a Principal Analyst within our Data Services team, you will provide analysis, advice and thought leadership across the business. You will positively influence Waka Kotahi's strategic objectives by contributing to the provision of high quality, well researched and reasoned data and statistical analysis.
This role has a great mix of both hands-on analysis and strategic focus, so you will be comfortable with being operational as well as providing the big picture view.
This opportunity will enable you to use your strong coding skills and allow you to coach, mentor and provide feedback to others in your team. With your highly developed communication and relationship building skills, you will develop key relationships both externally and internally to position the team as a strategic partner.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience in a similar role, working at a senior level in an analytical environment undertaking complex data queries from multiple data bases flexibly
- Proven experience in data manipulation and analysis, and turning raw data into valuable and relevant intelligence and insights
- Sound understanding of Government Open Data initiatives
- Thorough understanding of the principals of the Official Information and Privacy Acts.
- Advanced level of computing skill including the use of SQL and R (or similar analytical tool)
- Experience in mentoring and coaching other analysts
- A relevant graduate qualification in the statistics, or similar discipline requiring the analysis of complex data is preferred
Applications close | Rā Katinga: 10 August 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Principal Analyst DS PD - January 2020.pdf (PDF, 882KB)
Follow us on