Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services | Wellington
Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services
This role provides the opportunity to provide robust advice, guidance and support to NZTA staff on the machinery of government, parliamentary processes, and other technical matters.
As a Senior Advisor, you will have the additional responsibilities of playing a mentor role within the wider Ministerial Services team and act as one of the first points of contact for urgent queries from our Ministers' offices.
We are seeking a motivated individual who can deliver to a high standard under pressure, work well individually, and within a team. You will have a sharp mind, provide high-quality written and oral advice and have the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Naturally resilient and agile, you will be able remain composed in all situations and environments in order to communicate the NZTA's advice effectively. You won't be afraid to challenge the status quo, and will freely share your ideas on how we can improve our processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- highly developed research and analytical skills
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate complex technical information into documents that are clear, concise and in plain English
- superior relationship management and negotiation skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people at all levels of leadership
- to demonstrate experience of managing demanding workloads and competing priorities, and ability to work well under pressure without compromising quality
- demonstrated ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- strong attention to detail, commitment to maintaining consistently high standards and ability to provide quality assurance for others' work
- sound judgement and ability to manage risk appropriately
- understanding of the machinery of government, the contemporary political environment, government policies, and current events
- experience with the Official Information Act and the Privacy Act.
Applications close: 28th of August 2019.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
o be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Advisor, Ministerial Services - July 2019.pdf (PDF, 337KB)
Follow us on