Principal Property Acquisition Manager | Auckland
Principal Property Acquisition Manager
- Bring your extensive experience in asset, property and facilities management
- Utilise your excellent commercial best practice and negotiations skills
- Based in Auckland
About us | Ko wai mātou
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing ustomer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Transport Property team is part of the Transport Services group that provides key specialist property functions that are core to the value chain to enable the Agency to run efficiently and achieve organisational excellence internally and for the land transport system.
We provide the full range of services including the acquisition, property management, and disposal of properties for the NZ Transport Agency's state highway improvement projects. This is often complex, challenging work that requires an attention to detail, and engagement with many stakeholders including property owners and local communities.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this role is to lead the strategic and operational management of the Transport Agency's property acquisition programmes across the Auckland and Northland areas for future transport system solutions.
One of the key deliverables is to establish, monitor & deliver the Property Acquisition Programme each year within business plan funding to support our State Highways property programmes.
In addition, you will develop property strategies for all future projects in conjunction with Accredited Suppliers and provide property related input to ensure the early identification of the necessary property interests, key programme and reputational risks, and any fatal flaws for all future Projects.
About you | Ko wai koe
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A sound understanding of the issues involved in the purchase & sale of property for Crown use including an in depth understanding of the Public Works Act 1981 and related Crown policy
- Strong programme development and management skills, including good understanding and familiarity with planning tools such as MS Project.
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders.
- Good reporting and writing skills.
- An ability to apply strategic & pragmatic thinking to important commercial programmes.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar or related property role (e.g. valuation, consultancy, property management etc.).
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Bachelor or Business Studies (VPM), Bachelor of Property)
- Membership in a relevant professional institution is desirable but not essential
This is an exciting, challenging and unique role that is unlike any other property role you are likely to be involved with. If you think you have what it takes to show case your extraordinary property acquisition and relationship management skills and would like to join a high performing and professional team, apply now!
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Monday 23 Setember 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
TS_Principal_Property_Acquisition_Manager_Sept_2019.pdf (PDF, 879KB)
Follow us on